2017 Consultancy and Engineering Award Winners Announced
London, 7 June 2017
On the evening of Wednesday 7 June 2017, Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) announced the 2017 Consultancy and Engineering Award winners at a gala in London, attended by business leaders from across the industry.
Recognising remarkable companies, industry initiatives, as well as exceptional individuals, the awards celebrate the best of the UK’s consultancy and engineering profession during this time of political and market fluctuations.
In addition to traditional business progress categories, the awards showcase triumphs in categories reflecting challenges faced by our industry, with winners selected by an esteemed judging panel for their respective areas of prowess.
On the winners and the awards gala, Dr Nelson Ogunshakin OBE chief executive of ACE said:
“This year we had extraordinary projects, companies and individual enter into the Consultancy and Engineering Awards 2017. This year`s winners are true exemplars of what makes our industry great, raising the bar for the rest of the industry.”
“Tonight was an exceptional evening, where various industry sectors came together to celebrate those who lead our industry towards success amidst both political and market fluctuations.”
Chair of the judging panel, and Chairman of Crossrail, Sir Terry Morgan said:
“I was honoured to have chaired this year’s Consultancy and Engineering Awards. I hope that those not in the running this year look towards how they can be on the stage as a winner next year.”
With the rising popularity of the Consultancy and Engineering Awards, the process this year was highly competitive. In several categories judges were challenged to select just one winner, resulting in five Highly Commended in addition to the eleven category winners for the 2017 Consultancy and Engineering Awards.
The Consultancy and Engineering Award Winners of 2017 are:
-Best UK Business Performance, SME
Sponsored by Brunel
Winner: IMC Worldwide
Highly Commended: GESL
-Best UK Business Performance, Large Firm
Sponsored by Willis Towers Watson
Highly Commended: BWB
-Apprentice of the Year
Winner: Jordan Laraway – Arup
-Young Professional of the Year
Winner: Ben Freedman – MLM
Highly Commended: Tahira Newaz – MWH
Sponsored by Penningtons Manches
Winner: IMC Worldwide for Rural Access
Highly Commended: Hoare Lea for the RNLI slipway lifeboat station at Porthdinllaen.
-Inclusion and Diversity Champion of the Year
Winner: Max Fordham
-Sustainability Champion of the Year
Winner: Mott MacDonald
-Training Initiative of the Year
Winner: Troup Bywaters + Anders
Highly Commended: BWB for Management Insights Programme
Winner: Ben Freedman, MLM
Winner: Professor Roger Flanagan, Reading University
Group Communication Manager
M: 075 0679 8872
D: 020 7202 0256
Notes to Editors:
- The Consultancy and Engineering Awards showcase successes and best practices for the global engineering and consultancy community. Publicising and celebrating the expertise of the sector to a wider cross-section of the infrastructure community, helping to raise the standards across sectors.
- The judges for the 2017 Consultancy and Engineering Awards 2017 were:
Sir Terry Morgan CBE, Chairman at Crossrail;
Sheila Hoile, Project Manager at Technician Apprenticeship Consortium;
Andy Walker, Editor at Infrastructure Intelligence;
Tony Caccavone, Expansion Airline Strategy Director at Heathrow Airport;
Ian Scholey, Business Development Director at Balfour Beatty;
Allison Watson, Managing Director at Class of Your Own;
Bridget Rosewell, Senior Adviser at Volterra;
Michael Bryant, Operations Executive at Canary Wharf Contractors;
Helen Wollaston, Chief Executive at WISE;
Geoff Ogden, Interim Managing Director at Transport for Wales
- The 2017 gala awards ceremony for the Consultancy and Engineering Awards 2017 was held at Marriott Grosvenor Square in London. The ceremony host was Clive Myrie, one of BBC’s most experience foreign affairs correspondents, with a distinguished career spanning almost 30 years.
- Additional information on specific winners or highly commended is available upon request.
- As the leading business association in the sector, ACE represents the interests of professional consultancy and engineering companies large and small in the UK. Many of our member companies have gained international recognition and acclaim.
- ACE members are at the heart of the UK’s social and economic infrastructure. They provide specialist services to a diverse range of sectors including water, transportation, housing and energy.
- The ACE membership acts as the bridge between engineering consultants who make an estimated contribution of £15bn to the nation’s economy and the wider construction market contributing a further £90bn. Together ACE member companies employ over 250,000 staff worldwide.